Candidate Criteria for Longleaf Academy
The admissions committee will base their decision on the following criteria:
- The candidates verbal I.Q. – must fall within the average range of 89 or higher
- The candidates G.A.I. – must fall within the average range of 90 or higher
- The narrative from the application regarding attention, behavior, etc.
- A discrepancy in at least one of the following areas: reading, written language, math, or comprehension
Step I. Applying for Longleaf Academy
- Completed Application: This should also include the parent questionnaire; teacher questionnaire should be submitted to the child’s teacher and be mailed to Longleaf Academy upon completion.
- Psycho-educational Testing – Must include the following:
- Report must be signed by a licensed professional
- Report must be within the last three years
- Must include I.Q. information
- Release of Information Forms signed by parent – this will include a permission to observe the student in his/her present school.
- Financial information for Financial Assistance Application
Step II. The Admissions Process
- If the candidate appears to meet the criteria as a candidate for Longleaf Academy, the admissions committee will invite the student for a day visit. This will be done by the Parent Liaison of the committee. A student will be appointed to be the visiting student’s “ambassador.”
- The admissions committee reserves the right to visit the perspective candidate’s school.
- Longleaf Academy is not a “therapeutic” school and does not accept students with psychoses or conduct disorder. In addition, no one is admitted to Longleaf Academy with a sole diagnosis of ADD/ADHD.
Step III. Observations and Student Interview Process
- Longleaf Academy reserves the right to visit the candidate’s current school for an observation and to interview the candidate’s current Head of School(s). This procedure is implemented only if the admissions committee requires additional information in order to make its decision.
Schedule of Tuition Fees: 2013 – 2014
- Full Tuition: $15,100.00
- Non-Refundable Deposit $300.00
- Scholarships: Scholarships are available in the form of reduced tuition; tuition reductions are limited to two (2) students per year; please see the Reduced Tuition Application for more details.
For more information regarding the Application Process at Longleaf Academy, please contact Candy Newhouse at email@example.com.